Learn The Costs Involved in Replacing Your Roof
At Kairos Roofing, we understand that your roof replacement cost is a major expense as a homeowner. However, you can trust in full pricing transparency when you contract our professional team. Your new roof cost is always factored into our commitment to completing every roof job on time and on budget – no matter what type of roof you need.
In general, the average cost to tear off and replace roof structures ranges from $3.50 to $16 per square foot for a roof replacement in South Florida. However, roof replacement costs vary widely depending on the size of your home, the complexity of the job and any extra work performed by our team of contractors. Your new roof estimate may also be affected by the longevity of your roof decking or your roof underlayment, and will also vary depending on the type of roof material you choose for the job.
If replacing your roof is not in your current budget, we can also discuss financing options to help lighten the load.
Average Roof Cost By Roof Replacement Type
The average cost of new roof installation varies greatly depending on the type of roof you choose. This includes not only the style of roof, but also the materials used to complete the job. Below, take some time to review the figures that represent the average cost to replace a roof per square foot. Of course, these estimates may vary depending on your specific circumstances, but they’re a good place to start. The average roof replacement prices based on roof style are as follows:
- New flat roof cost: Flat roof replacement costs vary from $5 to $10 per square foot
- New metal roof cost: Metal roof replacement costs range from $10 to $20 per square foot
- New shingle roof cost: Shingle roof replacement cost varies from $5 to $10 per square foot
- New tile roof cost: Tile roof replacement cost ranges from $7 to $16 per square foot
Roof Replacement Assessment and Estimate
The cost to redo roof structures can seem overwhelming at first. However, at Kairos Roofing, we want to make sure you feel comfortable every step of the way. That is why we perform a comprehensive roof audit for every job. During a roof evaluation, our team of experts will assess every nook and cranny of your roof in order to draft a detailed and comprehensive estimate for the job. When we create your estimate, we will take the following into account:
- Soffit – This includes any finishing materials we install on your roof overhangs
- Fascia – These long, straight boards run along the lower edge of your roof
- Roof Decking – Your roof decking is what serves as the foundation for your shingles
- Trusses – These give your roof its shape and structure
Your new roof estimate won’t include any surprise extras or additional costs later on, because our team will explain all the possible costs for your roof replacement. For example, the cost to redo your roof may be affected by the condition of your existing roof decking - if it’s in good shape – which can save you money on labor and materials.
To make your roof replacement estimate less stressful, take some time to review our financing options. Here at Kairos Roofing, we can also help you select the right way to pay for the job, if necessary. Our special financing partner Ygrene can work to make your new roof a reality, or we can help you explore some of the many other financing options on the market.
Roof Replacement Add-Ons
The cost to reroof a house can also be affected by other work that we perform simultaneously. During your roof replacement project, we can conveniently tackle other home maintenance jobs or take steps to improve your home’s functionality and durability. Our residential roof replacement add-ons that can help extend the life of your roof include:
- Hurricane straps. We can install hurricane straps into your older home to help it stand up to the high winds that come with hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Insulation. We can mount additional or new insulation, which will help lower your energy usage. This add-on will help your home stay cooler.
- Gutters. Replacing your gutters is an important part of preventative roof maintenance, so let us take this task off your hands.
- Roof Ventilation. While we’re working on your roof, we can also take a look at your home’s existing ventilation and add or replace roof vents.